Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Years Inspiration

Hi guys,

Bit of a different type of post for you today as it's the first week of the 2014 Blogger Challenge. I really hope that I'm sitting here this time next year having written a post for every topic!

The topic of this post is 'New Years Inspiration'. I often find it difficult to keep to a 'resolution', mainly because by the 2nd January I've forgotten what my resolution even was :P. I have so much I want to achieve this year. A lot has changed in my life over the past month and I can honestly say I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out.

"I'm not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."

This is something I have lived by since I first heard it. It reminds me that while things may be rough there is always a reason and it's only making me better at navigating the journey that is, life. Whilst many people often give up at the first hurdle (me being included in that), I aim to put my all into everything I do this year and whilst some may see that as a resolution, I see overcoming my personal battle with whatever I come across a definite inspiration. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a really good life motto! And also a really good idea not to have a new years resolutions, hopefully I won't forget mine as I too can forget them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always end up forgetting, so why bother! haha at least this is here for me to look back on :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great first post of the challenge! I'm definitely going to remember this quote and try and apply to it to all I have to do this year. Looking forward to reading all your upcoming posts Shell xxx
    bloggingfrombucks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you Laura :) I love this quote, and although the post is written terribly, I hope that I can get a bit better over the course of the year!! look forward to seeing yours. :) xxx

      Delete