Thursday 29 August 2013

Tutorial: Gradient Nails

Whenever I wear this style of nail, I always have people saying "how do you do that?!", so I figured I would show you all! I originally saw this technique in Amarixe's video. It's actually pretty easy and can be done with 2 or more colours. I find that 2 colours works fine for me. You may want to put some tape around the edges of your nails to make clean up easier as this can get quite messy!



I start with getting all my equipment ready, you will need a triangular make-up sponge, which can be found in any drugstore, a pair of scissors and your nail polish colours. I'm using Essie - Rock the Boat and Full Steam Ahead.


Cut the sponge to a size that will fit your biggest nail.

Barry M - Matt White
Start by painting your nails white, or the lightest colour if you have more than 2 colours. (optional)


Paint stripes of the polish on to the sponge, be sure not to use too much polish or it will just pull the bottom layer up.


Line the sponge up with the side of your nail and roll across. Dab around the nail and slightly up and down to create the blended gradient. Repeat until you are happy with the opacity. It took me about 4 coats.

After clean up:

Hope you like this nail look! I'd love to see your attempts! 
What else would you like to see?



5 comments:

  1. I love this! I've never been able to do gradient nails xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it!! Seriously, I was the same but all it takes is a few dabs of a sponge and the more layers you do, the better the gradient looks :)! xx

      Delete
  2. woaah this is amazing!! will definitely be trying soon :)

    http://thenetdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woow, these turned out SO nice! I can never get mine to look quite right, so I haven't tried it much. I never thought to put both colours on the sponge at the same time, I'll have to try that!
    amy-alaska | Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the final look, it's so beautiful! So gonna try this out! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete