Thursday 8 August 2013

Essie - Full Steam Ahead

Essie's Summer range was beautiful this year, and I have already reviewed one colour, Rock the Boat, which can be found here. Full Steam Ahead is a stunning lilac colour with a 'pearlescent punch'.


The colour applied smoothly for me and with two coats was completely opaque, a third coat really deepens the colour. I always start with a thin coat of colour, and then add a thicker. The brush is the perfect size for my nails and the formula, I found, was not sticky, nor runny. As with the other colour's in this range, the shimmer really brings something more to the lacquer and as its such a subtle shimmer I think it definitely makes this product stand out.

Ciate's - Sugar Plum looks quite similar to this in the bottle, however, I definitely prefer Full Steam Ahead because I find the Ciate polish requires a lot more coats (and patience!) before the colour stops looking streaky. The Ciate brush is also very thin in comparison.


I didn't want to do just a standard nail so I used Orly's dotter duo and Barry M's Matt White to create the flowers. If anyone would like a tutorial on this let me know!


(The colour definitely looks less blue in real life)

I've worn this nail look for a week now, and there's no chipping and hardly any noticeable wearing, even around and edges of my nails which I was very surprised with. In fact, they look like I have just applied the colour which I love!

I think this is such a pretty look for Summer!

8 comments:

  1. I would love to know how you did the flower. A tutorial would be very nice. :)

    The flower reminds me of Hawaii for some reason. :)

    www.keepcalmandbeautify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just done a tutorial for the flowers!

      http://shadesofshell.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tutorial-hawaiian-style-flower.html

      Delete
  2. Okay :) follow me on Twitter - @shadesofshell and you'll see when the post goes up!

    Yeah, me too! I love it!

    Thanks for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! A tutorial on those flowers would be helpful. :)

    I'd love for you to share this at my "That's My Style" Link party this Friday!! It's a link up for all things beauty (makeup, hair, nails, style and DIY). Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just posted a tutorial for the flowers :)!

      http://shadesofshell.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tutorial-hawaiian-style-flower.html

      Delete
  4. Ive nominated you for a liebster award here:
    http://cocktailsandcupcakesx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award.html

    Hope you have a look.

    I love reading your blog!

    ceecee
    www.cocktailsandcupcakesx.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing, I can't believe you done those flowers, I thought they were a transfer!!!

    I’ve given my blog a bit of a redesign, please come and check it out if you have a chance and let me know what you think!.

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just done a tutorial for the flowers :)

      http://shadesofshell.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tutorial-hawaiian-style-flower.html

      You're blog is awesome :)

      Delete